Saturday 27 June 2015

The wonder of Woolfest

Today I've been to Woolfest, at Cockermouth.  I've been looking forward to it all week, and it didn't disappoint. I chatted to Jackie Cardy, whose stall, with her felted brooches and panels, was scrumptious.  I was given great advice from the ladies on the My Fine Weaving Yarn stall.  I bought some lovely acrylic yarn to try on my weaving loom ( still very much a novice, by the way!)

My Fine Weaving Yarn ladies and some of their stock

The staff on the Colour Craft stall were the next to be bombarded with questions such as " what happens if I mix this stuff with that stuff?"
"What would I use this for?" and so on.  Well, if you don;t ask, you never learn!  They're so patient and helpful.  I bought two pots of pearl powder pigment, a clear binding compound and some puff paint...watch this space!
The Colour Craft stall - sorry for the awful photo!

I love going to shows like the Woolfest - they're full of inspiration, and cute animals:
A baby alpaca - sweet!  

Blacknose sheep - shame you couldn't  cuddle them!

It's always interesting to talk to stallholders, but I'm forever asking people what they're going to do with things they've bought.  Call me nosy if you like, but I've found some amazing techniques that way, and had some really good chats with talented people.

I made a purse this week.  I found the frame in a drawer while I was looking for something else, as you do!  I was going to post photos as a mini tutorial, but I got a bit carried away and it was finished before I realised!  So, here's the finished article:



I think there are going to be a few made for Christmas presents, as they're really quick and easy to do.  I'll do the mini tutorial next time - promise!

I've also finished gessoing the shoe box that's going to be turned into a storage box for my Sizzix dies.  It's pretty boring as yet, as the gesso is white, but the photo shows just how big it is compared to my not-very-dainty hands!

I have a few ideas for the decoration, but nothing definite yet.  I'm thinking probably turquoise, greens and blues, but who knows?

Of course, I've also been weeding like mad in my raised vegetable bed.  Look how much everything's grown! I'm sure some evil gnome comes at night and plants yet more weeds in the garden! 


See you soon,

Love Gill x 







2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gill, I've come from the WOW facebook page just so you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- it's good to "e- meet" you!

    ReplyDelete